Store Kraft is sensitive to the impact of manufacturing operations on the environment and the community. Companywide, we’re proud of our efforts to minimize water usage, recycle materials and keep the air clean and breathable. Our employees are also parents and citizens who must live with our manufacturing decisions and activities.
Store Kraft has been focused on “green” living for decades and continues to find ways to improve. Being friendly to the environment just makes good sense. We do not believe in wrapping our logo inside of a flower to make potential customers feel good about our environmental efforts. Being “green” is more than making claims or being a sales tool. We track and follow all current laws and regulations regarding environmental practices.
We believe the best way to serve our customers is to give them the same level of customization related to “green” and “sustainability” as we do with all other material options. We are a custom manufacturer and will make what you want. Like Value Engineering we can help you with Green Engineering. We can show you alternate materials, finishes, products and processes.
Store Kraft believes there are three levels of “green.” We follow these practices in our own manufacturing facility and in all our processes, and we can assist you in making the right choices for your project.
We believe a basic level of “green” manufacturing includes:
· Water conserving plumbing fixtures
· Skylights and windows for natural lighting
· Computer controlled heating and air conditioning
· Energy efficient fluorescent lighting
· High efficiency windows
· Request vendors use environmentally friendly practices in the manufacturing of their goods
The mid-level of “green” manufacturing includes:
· Request vendors use less packaging and recyclable packaging
· Recycle cardboard, plastic, paper and aluminum
· Encourage employees to recycle at home
· Request low formaldehyde panel products be used in your building (CARB compliant)
· Use recyclable materials to ship your products in the mail and to bag items bought in stores
· Use FSC certified and recycled copy paper
· Retrofit existing fixtures with LED lighting and specify new fixtures have LED lighting
· Use low energy appliances and computers
· Do anything in the first level you are not doing
And, the highest level of “green” would include:
· Require vendors to have strict requirements at their plants on operation and packaging
· Request your buildings be LEED Certified
· Visit outsource factories and verify working conditions and environmental impact, including overseas
· Complete everything in the levels mentioned above
Store Kraft has the capability to help you with your sustainability program. Let us customize a program for you that will amount to more than just talk. Click here to learn more about our Environmental Policy.
© Copyright 2009 Store Kraft.